We often hear about the “drop-cover-hold on” that we must do in case of earthquake… but is that true in all cases ?
That’s actually a tricky question ! I guess the drop-cover-hold is great because it’s a catchy phrase easy to remember and you should definitely do it if you can and have time !
An important thing is that during the earthquake one should avoid :
- doorways: doors may slam shut
- windows: they can broke
- elevators: in case of a power shutdown, you might get trapped inside
- coastline: there might be a tsunamis
And then After the earthquake
- stay calm, take care of yourself and the people around you if you are able
- be prepared for aftershocks
- follow the authorities’ information and instructions
And remember :
Experiencing an earthquake can be scary: you may fear for your life and the lives of the people around you. Since no one can predict with certainty when an earthquake will happen, it is important that everyone gets prepared in advance
I hope to find a little guide or quiz page in mobile app. Step by step, users can train themselves. Users really need practicing. What do you think?
Hey ! That’s a good idea we’ll think about it !
Would you mean a quiz to learn about the best conduct in case of earthquake ?
Yes, like you said. Simple and fun to learn. Just a gamefication for training.
yes gamification’s great : here’s a topic about it : Let's play !