Earthquake and Hindu religion

“The Earth is carrying by a special snake and when the snake moves his head, there is an earthquake”.
The above-mentioned sentence is taken from Hindu literature. If you are interested to know what explains about earthquake the Hindu religion, have a look at the recently published article: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcomm.2021.668086

If you go through the text, you will see some interesting explanations on the causes of earthquakes.

4 Likes

I loved the Prince and Princess stories :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I’m not mistaking, your work was also published in Tremblor? Hindu texts help scientists communicate earthquake hazards in Nepal - Temblor.net

2 Likes

Yes, Laurent, you are right. A featured article is also published in Tremblor. Thanks for your concern.

3 Likes

There is something similiar in Turkish culture. In ancient times People believed the earth was carried by an ox. When ox shook its head earthquake occured :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kind of similar, I recently learnt that in taiwan, they call earthquakes “earth cows.” 地牛。

The folklore is that there’s a giant cow that lives inside the earth. when it rolls over, it creates earthquakes.

1 Like